A Little Space to Call Our Own

Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker


The 2 of us

Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The BIG DAY! - Jovann's 1st Birthday BASH

Date : 15 September 2007
Time : 1 - 3pm Venue : Singtel Recreation Club

Total Guests :
100 Adults
26 little ones

We dropped Jovann off at his ma ma's place, and reached Singtel Recreation Club at 10.30am.

We each set off to our respective tasks. Hubby to set up the laptop, projector and sound system to play Jovann's montages. Me to put up the decoration. Hubby's friends Kenneth, Tian Long and Steve arrived at 11.15am and the preparation work is in full force! cut-outs went up, poster, banner, 1st birthday sign, cupcakes arrived with Joyce, Cheryl Shuen arrived with the cake, Melissa and sister arrived with the yummy desserts from Peaberry and Pretzel, balloons arrived with the balloon man (wow! gorgeous! the balloons I mean!), and the videographer came. 12.45pm - Elaine arrived with the rental toys, cool! and lastly, Nick my photographer came, and I escaped to the bathroom to pump after making sure everything is okie.

When I came out, the first guests have arrived! and of course the Star and Prince of the day, my little Jovann, smart in his new clothes from Ah Ma. The party has started!!!

Auntie Gek Hoon did this. :)




The entrance to the lounge....


my first guestS!



The birthday layout with my cake, balloons, goody bags, photo album, scrapbook and guest book.


My poster nice??? Its on my living room wall now! :)



Desserts specially ordered for guests. From Peaberry and Pretzel.
Flavours - Panna Cotta with berries, Blackforest (Guests's favourite), Apple Rhubarb Crumble (mommy's fav), Passionfruit


my favourite balloons


Birthday Banner


MY CAKE!!!!!!!!














There were around 33 cupcakes surrounding my birthday cake. They were mostly personalised with all my little guests names on it!


Mommy did this scrapbook over the past 1,2 months... at least, she started 2 mths ago, but didn't have time to complete it until later hehee.


Photos taken on my 10mth!


Mommy bought this guest book 2 days before the party, and decorated the cover the night before when I was asleep. Not bad for a last min job yar? :)






Playarea for little ones..


Clarence arrives!!!






Reubern's here too!


My good friend Reubern playing in the playarea.


Little Clarice... she's really sweet and shy that day!


daddy's cousins....
see my table centrepiece....NICE? It has my photos on it! :) there are 3 pieces of this, and it goes to Ah Gong, Ma Ma and Daddy&Mommy after the party. There are also 4 picture party cones lying around, and Auntie Brenda stole one of it back home. :P


Everyone attempted to carry me the whole party, but I mostly stick to Ah Gong, Ah Ma, Gong Gong, Ma Ma and my parents of course. the Only ones i allowed to carry me was Dua Bei, Zi Zek Gong, Gu Ma, and Mommy's 2 cousins! The latter was when Auntie Cindy gave me some sweets to hold in my hand.




My friends Clarice and Arianne, and their mommies!!!


Auntie Brenda being interviewed


Jeannieve and me! Ah Gong had to carry me coz I refused to let anyone carry me at that time.


Clarence : (Happily) vroom vrroommm......
Reubern : Hey thats cool! I wanna play too. *HONK HONK*.
Clarence : *frowning* Excuse me, did you ask for permission? Hey!
Jovann : *Acted innocent all the time, playing with my cup.....*


Jovann:.... patience is the key.......the car is mine! heheee....


My presents are building up...


Finally, my cake cutting time!!! yippee! It was nearing 3pm. and they saw that I was rather tired and sleepy looking and figured wisely to cut the cake before I turn grouchy. They were just in time. It's tiring to resist adults' advances to carry me you know? Simply exhausting......



I kept wanting to grab the roof of my house...


Initially, I was grouchy, but once my friends started to sing me my birthday song, I calmed down and give a sheepish look, gazing around at the singing adults.... I know the song is for me!








Cupcakes given out to my little guests... :) They love it!


Auntie Li'an touching my cake to test if the precious moments figurines are real! hehhee. are they?


Later on, mommy's secondary school sanba clique of friends stayed until quite late. We had a good time inside the reading room (it was booked for my party too in case the lounge is not big enough).




Uncle Guo Ming, Auntie Cindy and me


Auntie Miang, considering whether to ask to hold me. Mommy says I only wants pretty girls.....


Uncle Thomas, trying to lure me with the car mag. I wanted the mag but still refuse to let him carry, no matter how many times he try.


Uncle Guo Ming trying his luck


Me and the chio bu's!




I kept playing with Uncle Guo Ming's hair in this photo


And kept peeping over to Auntie Weini and Auntie Li'an in this!


Hehee, just a little close up of the table centrepiece with my photos, placed all over the tables at the party!




~*~*~*~*~*~My 1st Birthday Party~*~*~*~*~*~
BIRTHDAY CAKE - Cheryl Shuen
Extra Birthday Cake - Pine Garden (not seen in pics, coz the Cheryl Shuen cake was enough!)
Desserts - Peaberry & Pretzel Cafe (Sunset Way). Uncle Malcolm's cafe. :)
Cupcakes - Carnival & Co. Joyce.
Caterer - Singtel Recreation Club (Gek Hoon)
Toys - Rent-That-Toy
Guest Book - Papers from Made With Love
Scrapbook - Mommy's own. :)
Album - Foto U Studio, Jovann's first studio shots, taken 19 July 2007
Goody Bags - Personalised according to age and gender. Please refer earlier post.
Birthday Banner - Celebrate Express (overseas spree)
Poster - Mommy's loving creation. Product of 2 sleepless nights.

These are 2 video montages done by a very good friend of Mommy. Mommy spent many nights selecting and categorising the photos, Daddy chose the 2 songs, Mommy came up with captions, and the nice friend did the rest for us! For guests that day who didn't manage to catch it before cake cutting, here's another glimpse. For the rest of my friends, enjoy......

Jovann's growing up... the 12 months journey..
**

**

Jovann and his friends
**

**

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jovann is a very lucky bb to have both of you as his parents. The songs, the pics and the things you guys did for him. Really very very touching.

I like the miracle song daddy chose for the growing up video montage. Can share the singer or album? Would like to get the album. Many thanks.

Anonymous said...

Hi annoynomous! sorry for replying so late. just came back from melb. the song u mentioned is titled "Angels Brought me Here" by Guy Sebastian. :) but this version is not sang by Guy Sebastian, i forgot the singer....

Anonymous said...

Hi buttons, thanks so much...have found the album. Do post your mel pics soon ;)

Anonymous said...

Who did u get to customize your baby's song?